PATH TO HEALTH
Every adult in our community should be healthy and have access to
preventive health services and medications prescribed by their doctors.
BUYING HEALTH INSURANCE IS DIFFICULT, ESPECIALLY FOR LOW-INCOME ADULTS.
PATH TO HEALTH OFFERS THOSE MUCH-NEEDED SERVICES FOR MANY RESIDENTS.
PATH TO HEALTH AIMS TO PROVIDE PREVENTATIVE HEALTH CARE SERVICES TO
ELIGIBLE UNDOCUMENTED RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN COUNTIES IN CALIFORNIA
IN ORDER TO FOSTER A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY.
YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING THREE CRITERIA TO QUALIFY:
- Be over the age of 21
- Live in a participating county
- Be already enrolled in Medi-Cal (restricted scope, emergency services only)
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Make an appointment with a MCC Care Navigator by calling (415) 448-1500
- Complete the application with the MCC Care Navigator
- After your application has been completed & accepted, you will receive an ID card and guide in the mail within 10 days
HOW DO I GET PRIMARY CARE SERVICES?
You can receive Path to Health services at the health center where you completed your application or any of that clinic’s affiliated locations participating in Path to Health. Path to Health covered benefits include:
SPECIALIZED SUPPORT PROGRAMS
Path to Health is the “payer of last resort” and is the secondary payer to state and federal health coverage programs. If you have HIV or AIDS, want family planning or infertility services, have Hepatitis C, or have breast or cervical cancer, you are required to seek eligibility with the following programs:
- California AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) for HIV and AIDS medications (call 1-888-311-7632)
- Family Planning, Access, Care and Treatment (Family PACT) for family planning and infertility treatment (call 1-800-942-1054)
- Assistance Program for Hepatitis C medications. (website www.pparx.org or call 1-888-477-2669)
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP) (call 1-800-824-0088)
HOW DO I FILL MY PRESCRIPTIONS AT THE PHARMACY?
You need to go to a pharmacy contracted for Path to Health/CMSP and show them your Path to Health ID card. The pharmacies at MCC are contracted for Path to Health/CMSP. Certain medications are covered by Path to Health for a $5 per prescription co-payment. Path to Health will pay for a maximum of $500 per prescription and up to $1500 for each enrollment period (6-months). For a listing of which medications are covered by Path to Health, click here.
HOW LONG DOES MY PATH TO HEALTH COVERAGE LAST?
After you complete your enrollment, your Path to Health coverage will last up to 6 months. Your Path to Health ID Card will include the start and end dates of your coverage.
HOW DO I RE-APPLY FOR PATH TO HEALTH?
The reapplication process is the same as the application process. Please make an appointment with a MCC care Navigator to start an application for a new enrollment period.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR MEDI-CAL?
If you aren’t enrolled in Medi-Cal, you can apply through the county social services department in your county.
Marin Community Clinics staff can assist you with the Medi-Cal application process.
Call (4150 448-1500 to make an appointment with an Access Navigator