Your Health Home — Our Team Care Approach
For more than 40 years, Marin Community Clinics has been a vital part of Marin’s health care network. With our modern facilities, on-site labs and pharmacies, and special services (including dentistry, obstetrics & gynecology, behavioral health, optometry, and podiatry) we are able to provide comprehensive primary care to the people we serve.
Recently, we joined the nationwide movement to transform the way healthcare is delivered. Now, you can receive care at a “Patient Centered Health Home” where your care will be coordinated by a health care team that works together to help you maintain and improve your health.
What is Primary Care?
“Primary care” services are your first point of contact when you receive health care. And more importantly, your primary care team coordinates your care and supports you through diagnosis and treatment. Our focus is to help you stay healthy and pay attention to the entire person – your physical and emotional health, your nutrition and your overall well-being.
At Marin Community Clinics, our primary care services include:
- Preventive care, such as routine checkups, immunizations, well child visits, dental cleaning
- Screening for diseases & conditions, including breast exams, cholesterol screenings, cervical and colon cancer screening
- Diagnosis & treatment of illness, including chronic diseases such as diabetes and asthma
- Patient education
- Referral to specialists as needed
What is the Patient Centered Health Home?
We want you to see Marin Community Clinics as the one place you can come to keep healthy and to treat most of your illnesses and even get healthier – your “health home.” How do we do this?
- Through team care where physicians, nurses, social workers and others work closely together to provide your care, actively reach out to you about your health care needs, and work with you as a partner to improve your health.
- By giving you ready access to our clinics and programs, through easy appointment scheduling, telephone advice from nurses, and even same day appointments.
- By providing you the education and tools you need so that you can successfully manage your chronic health problems.
How to choose a Primary Care Provider
Having a good relationship with your primary provider (usually a physician or nurse practitioner), is key to maintaining good health. Because we believe so strongly that you need to find a “good match,” we will assist you in choosing your primary care provider during your first visit. Before your visit, take a look at Our Health Team and ask for more information at the front desk.