What will be the cost for my care and how do I pay for it?
Marin Community Clinics accepts the following insurance plans:
Government Insurance Programs
Medi-Cal, including special programs for pregnant women and family planning services. Call 415-448-1500 for details.
Private Plans purchased through Covered California:
Anthem Blue Cross
Blue Shield of California
You may enroll in Medi-Cal anytime. Our enrollment counselors can help you determine if you are eligible, and assist you with your application.
If you don’t qualify for Medi-Cal, you may be able to buy private insurance through CoveredCA.com.
Marin Community Clinics has trained Enrollment Counselors available to help.
- Call our Insurance Help Line at (415) 755-2586
- Email us at email@example.com
Fees and Discounts
If you do not have health insurance:
- Please contact a financial counselor before your first visit to see if you are eligible to enroll in coverage.
- Your visit fee may be discounted on a sliding scale, based on family income and composition, according to federal guidelines. if you meet all of these qualifications:
- Your family income is at or below 200% of federal poverty level
- You have no health insurance coverage
- You are not eligible for any government health insurance program, and
- You are a Marin County resident
- Our staff will assist you in determining if you qualify for a discount; if you do, they will also assist you with the application. As part of this process, they will ask you to provide information about your family and your financial resources.
If you are covered by health insurance:
- Please check the list above to see if we can accept your insurance.
If you are not eligible for a discount and do not have insurance:
- There still may be some programs available to you. Our staff will assist you.
- If there are no other programs available to you, you will be charged a full fee: $185 per medical visit and $200 per dental visit.
Your First Appointment
What to bring to your first appointment
- If you have insurance, please bring your insurance card or other proof of insurance.
- If you do not have insurance, please contact our Enrollment Counselors BEFORE your first visit.
- Bring proof of income, such as pay stub, income tax form, letter from employer
- For Sliding Scale discounts, please bring proof that you live in Marin County
- Download, print and fill out the following forms and bring them to your first appointment.
- A list of prescription medications, and over-the-counter medications, remedies and herbs that you are currently taking; if possible, please bring medication bottles.
- Bring any test results or immunization records you may have had elsewhere, and glucometer, blood sugar readings log, blood pressure log, or nutritional log, etc.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your first scheduled appointment.
How to Choose a Primary Care Provider
- At your first visit, you will be asked to select a Primary Care Provider – the medical professional that you will usually see and who will coordinate your care.
- Our front desk staff can assist you in choosing your provider when you arrive. To read more about our providers, see Our Health Care Team.
- At your first visit, you will be given access to our online Patient Portal where you can email your doctor, request appointments online, access your medical record, and more. For your security, this access can only be granted in person.
- Payment for services is required at the time of your visit.
- Cash, check, debit cards or credit cards are all acceptable methods of payment.