Marin Community Clinics cares for the whole person. Beyond physical well-being, we recognize the important role that factors such as stress, life circumstances (job, finances, housing), family issues, & psychological distress, play in over-all health and well-being. Behavioral health services are available upon referral from your primary care provider. We offer services for children and adults.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Our behavioral health providers are part of your primary care team. We work with your primary care provider to help you reach your goals and achieve better health. We are a team of licensed mental health professionals trained in brief evidence-based treatments for a wide range of concerns. Examples of some of the reasons people see us include: stress, depression, anxiety, chronic pain, insomnia, weight-loss, medication adherence, grief/bereavement, coping with new medical diagnosis, parenting concerns, acute trauma, etc.
• Screening and mental health assessment
• Brief psychotherapy (typically 1-8 visits)
• Stress management and coping skills
• Pain management
• Psycho-educational skills training
• Support groups
• Psychiatric medication evaluation and consultation
• Referral services to specialty mental health and substance abuse providers
• Resource referrals
Talk to your primary care provider if you feel you may benefit from meeting with one of our behavioral health providers.